For many areas of the world, this time of year is graduation time at formal institutions of learning. Thus, it is a good time for us to think back about our own education.
Below is a list of academic fields of study. For as many of these disciplines as possible, share a memory. It could be something that happened in class, an Aha! moment, something about the teacher or something that was helpful later in life.
Thanks to virtualsin.wordpress.com for this week’s TMI Tuesday theme.
1. English – actually it’s for reading but…Open House for my 8th grade year, my teacher told me mom how wonderful & quiet & sweet I was in class & Mom asked her if she was sure she was talking about the right kid. *laughs*
2. History – The year that my history teacher was 1 of my mom’s high school best friends proved interesting
3. Foreign Language (French, Spanish, Latin…) – freshman year of college…first day of French. We had partied a little too much the night before & stayed up way too late so I was only half awake when we got to class at 8am. I kind of tuned the teacher out for the first couple of minutes until I heard something I knew I had to’ve heard wrong. I turned to my friend & asked her “Did he just say a twat?” She died laughing because it turns out he’d said “Et toi” asking another classmate how they were doing after they’d asked him how he was doing. Needless to say I never lived that mishearing down.
4. Psychology – Never had it
5. Mathematics – Me & my ex-boyfriend who I was still good friends with both listening to my radio in class by sharing a headphone each because we hated algebra so much
6. Physics – never had it
7. Chemistry – never had it
8. Biology – never actually had it but I do remember us dissecting a worm in 7th grade science & my table mate freaking out & making me do all of it cause she swore she’d throw up all over me & it if I didn’t…& the way she looked I wasn’t about to put it to the test.
9. Gym – the look on my perfectly fit, flat chested teacher’s face when she told me to run or go to the principal’s office so I told her it was the principal’s office or the nurse’s office once I gave myself a black eye if I ran…so much awesome let me tell you….it had never occurred to her it might actually hurt to run with boulders on my chest lol
Bonus: Did you have sex education class in school? What grade or age did you have this class? Thinking back on the sex education class what was the most surprising thing you learned? Was this class helpful to you in your sex life?
How to put a condom on a banana…now that’s real food safety. *grins*