For many areas of the world, this time of year is graduation time at formal institutions of learning. Thus, it is a good time for us to think back about our own education.
Below is a list of academic fields of study. For as many of these disciplines as possible, share a memory. It could be something that happened in class, an Aha! moment, something about the teacher or something that was helpful later in life.
1. English – actually it’s for reading but…Open House for my 8th grade year, my teacher told me mom how wonderful & quiet & sweet I was in class & Mom asked her if she was sure she was talking about the right kid. *laughs*
2. History – The year that my history teacher was 1 of my mom’s high school best friends proved interesting
3. Foreign Language (French, Spanish, Latin…) – freshman year of college…first day of French. We had partied a little too much the night before & stayed up way too late so I was only half awake when we got to class at 8am. I kind of tuned the teacher out for the first couple of minutes until I heard something I knew I had to’ve heard wrong. I turned to my friend & asked her “Did he just say a twat?” She died laughing because it turns out he’d said “Et toi” asking another classmate how they were doing after they’d asked him how he was doing. Needless to say I never lived that mishearing down.
4. Psychology – Never had it
5. Mathematics – Me & my ex-boyfriend who I was still good friends with both listening to my radio in class by sharing a headphone each because we hated algebra so much
6. Physics – never had it
7. Chemistry – never had it
8. Biology – never actually had it but I do remember us dissecting a worm in 7th grade science & my table mate freaking out & making me do all of it cause she swore she’d throw up all over me & it if I didn’t…& the way she looked I wasn’t about to put it to the test.
9. Gym – the look on my perfectly fit, flat chested teacher’s face when she told me to run or go to the principal’s office so I told her it was the principal’s office or the nurse’s office once I gave myself a black eye if I ran…so much awesome let me tell you….it had never occurred to her it might actually hurt to run with boulders on my chest lol
Bonus: Did you have sex education class in school? What grade or age did you have this class? Thinking back on the sex education class what was the most surprising thing you learned? Was this class helpful to you in your sex life?
How to put a condom on a banana…now that’s real food safety. *grins*
And here is my contribution for the week.
Some things to think about
1. Name something you always carry with you? My cellphone…sadly enough even to the bathroom because the few people who do text me get a little worried when I don’t answer immediately & it saves having to listen to it ring over & over while I’m busy doing something else *laughs*
2. Is there anyone on your mind at the moment? Who? Why? not a real life person but thinking about Mairwenn on WoW & how much I hate this stupid legendary cloak questline & how I’m not even halfway thru it yet *cries*
3. If you were to be remembered for one thing, what would it be? My warped sense of humor &/or amazing ability at punniness *laughs*
4. Tell us something new that you learned in the last month? that you can cook cubed chicken breast in with your pasta & it all gets done at the same time *laughs*
5. What are you pretending not to know? Why? How much I can occasionally go over on my diet & because if I think too much about it I get depressed & frustrated & then I might as well give up on it so if I ignore a few steps back I can get back on course pretty easily.
6. Are you happy with other people’s perception of you? Depends on the person I guess. But the people who I care how they feel…yeah…I’m about as happy as I can get about it.
7. Are you generally focused on today or tomorrow? Today because it’s tough enough without having to worry about tomorrow too unless I have plans.
Bonus: How do you eat Oreos? Which method best matches your Oreo cookie eating style?
a. Pick it up, bite into it.
b. Twist it open, eat each half separately
c. Twist it open, eat the frosting, then eat each chocolate cookie half separately.
Definitely b, tho I also make sure that half the filling is on 1 cookie & the other half is on the other cookie…has to be equal or I freak out. *giggles & blushes*
Finally able to get on long enough to do this yays! School is out tho so maybe now things will be less hectic & stressful.
Anyway…Day 30 – 30. A picture of yourself.
Ok…I’m not going to use a full face or recent picture of myself as I still want some anonymity since this is open to the public like it is. But it is still to this day 1 of my favorite pictures. I’m also going to post 1 from WoW & SL since they’re both sides of me as well.
Me & Duncan quite a few years ago
Gwennie now since she’s a faun not neko any longer
Mairwenn & Sherbert
It’s a brand new picture of Gwennie but an old picture of Mairwenn just taken from our loading screen but couldn’t find a good picture so just gave up on it & used that 1 *laughs*
And since Gwennie is back to neko again…my latest profile picture.
Gwennie at her photo studio as a neko again
Thanks as always to everyone for the patience & will be back soon with my awards stuff!